Offshore Pelagic Tour - €80
Offshore Pelagic Tour: 10:00 to approx. 16:00 €80
Please read CONDITIONS if booking
Specialist bird / whale watch exploratory trips every two weeks [subject to suitable weather /sea condition] offshore to 200 meter depth contour, approx. 25 miles west of Ventry Harbour to Long. 11° W and 12 miles west of Tiaracht lighthouse, Blasket Islands, Co. Kerry, Ireland S.W. Highlight is 3 hrs. whale watch tour / bird watching trip along Long. 11° W either northwards or southwards - from Lat. 52.1° N - depending on prevailing weather and sea conditions before returning home to Ventry Harbour.
Approximate itinerary – 2 hrs. to Long. 11° W; 1 hr. north or south along meridian; 3 hrs. return to Ventry Harbour with possibility of good sightings all the way. Possibility to see pelagic birds [petrels including Wilson’s, terns, shearwaters, phalarope, skua, other migrants and vagrants]; possibility to see Minke, humpback, fin, pilot and other offshore whales; dolphins – common, bottlenose, Risso’s, possible white sided, white beaked or striped dolphins. This is an 6 hr. trip on the open Atlantic Ocean in a (relatively) small vessel (40 ft.). If prone to seasickness please reconsider! Or take anti seasickness medication beforehand. Cost: €80 per passenger [adults only]
Trips may be cancelled, curtailed, or rescheduled [e.g. from Sat. to Sun. or vice versa] at short notice due to unsuitable weather or sea conditions [e.g. sea swell] Please leave contact mobile number (incl. international dialling code) and /or email address for real time updates and notifications. Also please check out our Facebook page “eco marine tours” for real time updates and info.
In the event of cancellation money will be refunded back to source; or you have the choice to take our Afternoon Eco Marine Tour (if sailing) or All Day Tour with appropriate refund of balance. Min. 12 passengers
Complimentary snacks provided [water, apple juice, biscuits, crisps, chocolate] but recommend you bring your own packed lunch; cold and hot drinks provided. We cannot guarantee sightings, but the aim of these pelagic boat trips is to discover new whale watching grounds and species [than normally encountered on our regular tours]. 25% discount for IWDG members – Irish Whale and Dolphin Group, BirdWatchIreland Members and IWT Members - Irish Wildlife Trust - Please use the Coupon Code for your discount
- May 6th, 7th, 20th, 21st – possibility to see pilot whales or white sided dolphins or possibly white beaked or striped dolphins
- June 3rd , 4th, 10th , 11th, 17th , 18th – search for Northern right whale - Eubalaena glacialis - who formerly migrated past here about 10 / 15 miles offshore during the first two weeks of June. Targeted search for rare species.
- July 1st, 2nd, 15th, 16th – hopefully humpback whales
- August 26th, 27th – best date for pelagic bird watching with many migratory seabirds
- September 9th, 10th, 23rd, 24th - good possibility humpback and fin whales, good bird watching opportunity
- October 7th, 8th, 21st, 22nd – last opportunity to see humpback whales, fin whales and possibly pilot whales and offshore dolphin species. Migratory seabirds and vagrant land birds.